Spring Series Opening Race Cancellation

Dear JBCYC Members and Friends,

Looking at the COVID-19 situation regards lockdowns etc, it is too unpredictable to know if we can start the season scheduled for Sunday 29th August 2021.With this in mind, we have decided to cancel the Opening Race. We will advise members next Saturday informing you when the season will start and what the procedure for briefing etc will look like. 

The club is governed by so many restrictions, conditions, guidelines and procedures, it is a nightmare to decipher. Trust me, have patience, follow the Goverment recommendations and we will come throught this returning to the sport we all love.

For all those preparing their boats for the start of the season, it won't go in vane. For those wanting to get back on the water, (which includes me and the rest of the club), we will make this happen as soon as possible.

We want to see all members return to club activities,  so please stay safe.

Regards,

Paul Gooey
Commodore
Jervis Bay Cruising Yacht Club